Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Baroness Von Vintage and the Hooverettes

I fear the Baroness has smelled too many cleaning products today.  Boredom with housework + rainy late afternoon = collage tomfoolery, starring "Washfast Hooverettes" (that's the dresses, not the gals).  What a fantastic name for a house frock (you know, the dress one wears whilst operating one's Hoover vacuum). I don't own an ACTUAL 30s hooverette dress, but I thought one of the cotton dresses I own could pass as one, so I wore it to make tidying up more fun.  Why do I get the feeling 30s dames ALWAYS looked good? Side note: if I ever start a rock band, this post's title would SO be my band's name. Okay, must go air out my Javex-addled brain...


4 comments:

Sara said...

I think 30s era fashions are my fave!

Emily said...

So cute! And, yes I totally think your cotton dress could pass for a Hooverette!!

BaronessVonVintage said...

As you can probably tell, I wholeheartedly agree, Sara!!

Thanks, Emily! Hooverette or not, the dress definitely puts me in better mood when I'm doing dreaded chores ;)

Anonymous said...

Awwww you look perfect!