Friday, October 9, 2009

Bernice Bobs Her Hair, or The Story of How Land Girl Went Loco for Coco (Chanel, that is)

Well, darlings, the weekend is again upon us. For the Canadians, it is a long weekend, due to Thanksgiving. However, we won't be hosting anyone at the home-front or having a huge family dinner, so I think Mr. HF and I are going to head to the city to go see Coco Avant Chanel. Since I had promised pics of the new hairdo, which I'm still figuring out how to style, I thought I'd post these pics of an outfit that I might wear to the show. The pieces are not technically vintage; I was trying to go for something loosely inspired by photos of Coco Chanel in the 20s and 30s. Regarding the hair-cut, the style didn't turn out exactly as I had hoped, but I like how much lighter and fresher it feels. My hair is so thick and frizzy that I am glad to have some of that bulk and weight cut away. I feel so energized I could just Charleston right now!!!! Okay, I'm rambling. I'm away from the blog this weekend, so "see" you Tuesday. Remember to check out the blog give-away if you haven't already!!! xoxo. Oh, P.S., just in case you're wondering, "what's with the weird post title and who the heck is Bernice?" click here:

Loco for Coco Chanel 2


Loco for Coco 3

23 comments:

~Tessa~Scoffs said...

I knew right away which Bernice you meant! Did you know that there was a short film made of it years ago starring Shelley Duvall? It's lovely.

The Glamorous Housewife said...

I adore your hair! It looks beautiful. It really suits you.

Thanks doll,
The Glamorous Housewife

Ms. B @ Millie Deel said...

Lovely outfit and I love your hair as well!!!

Frollein von Sofa said...

that's a wonderful modern 20ies look ! perfect for that movie ! I'll go to amazon right away to get this short story....it sounds wonderful !

Miss Matilda said...

I envy your hair and your look here, delightful.

The Dreamstress said...

It's adorable - and yes, I got the reference right away!

Elsie said...

Great look on you! I also got the Bernice reference immediately, don't worry.

Andi B. Goode said...

I love your hair!!
-Andi x

Anonymous said...

I love your new haircut! ...wish I could where my hair like that, too, but it looks terrible on me =(

Yesterday Girl said...

Wow, your hair looks perfect! Absolutely gorgeous as always x

Kelley Anne said...

Oh I love your hair! Its very becoming and goes so well with that outfit. Great use of a vest:)

lauren said...

i think your hair looks fantastic, it looks very 1920s, and your outfits? perfect for the Chanel film. i cannot WAIT until it comes out here next week!

Loni said...

I love your hair! perfect.

Laura McLaws Helms said...

You're haircut suits you very well- you might not think it's perfect, but I can't see a single thing wrong with it.

Jen said...

Oh wow, look at your hair!! Its perfect, I love it. Now all you need is a little cloche.

AmorAlaVintage said...

Your new haircut looks beautiful the way you've styled it! It fits you like a glove :) Can't wait to see what else you try with it!

Witchcrafted Life said...

I got your wonderful blog reference right away - so cute! :) Just as you are...as a button, in your wonderful new haircut. It suits you beautifully, honey!


Have a joyful Thanksgiving, sweet friend!
♥ Jessica

Maggi said...

Your outfit is perfect and your hair is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE the hair! It really suits your facial structure (high cheekbones, etc).

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I love your 'do! Tres chic!

BaronessVonVintage said...

Thank you all so much! I had an initial day of post-haircut remorse, but now I'm loving it. Glad you think it suits! xoxo.

minishoes1 said...

You look adorable! The dog is cute too! I will have to check out the bernice reference.

Jitterbugdoll said...

I love your new hairstyle--it suits you so well!