Monday, September 28, 2009

Knit Fit Revisited: 1930s inspired knit capes

Fall is officially here in my lovely little town. Bring on the warm woolies...and capes! Since my swing dance classes didn't pan out (due to insufficient numbers enrolled, the class was cancelled) I am considering trying my hand at knitting (it's been a long while). If I do, I might attempt a vintage-inspired knit cape, like these lovelies I spotted. The second one is called the Marple pattern, after Miss Marple. Images via Ethknits.

knitcape

knitcape2

12 comments:

A said...

I adore capes!

lauren said...

i loooooove these! love love love. thanks for this post on them. i love when they are short capes, so cool!

Marie said...

Those are gorgeous! I would love to own them- so chic and snuggly at the same time. Happy Monday-

Rachael said...

Not only so adorably gorgeous but also so snug and warm looking! Good luck with the knitting!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your comment...Memorys are precious though some times they hurt...Love this post . x

Witchcrafted Life said...

Fantastic pieces - capes, especially longer ones, have always been something I've enjoyed, too.


Wishing you a splendid Monday & week ahead!
♥ Jessica

MYCLOSETGARDEN said...

LOVE, I really want cape just like those! Love the pics you chose.

http://inbugsdrawers.blogspot.com

A Whimsical Girl Named Debbie said...

I have to find me a vintage cape! Love the photos!
http://girlwhimsy.blogspot.com

Ms. B @ Millie Deel said...

Ooh those are both so lovely! I already love capes, but knit capes?! Swoon!!!

The Vintage Kitten said...

Love these capes! The picture of Dita Von Teese in your previous post is Fabulous!!! X

Anonymous said...

Thank you again for your comment...I enjoy reading them.x

BaronessVonVintage said...

Glad you liked these little pics! Once I tackle the rest of the painting in the house, I'm going to brandish those knitting needles again and see what happens! I'll keep you posted! xoxo