Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Glove Love

Especially after reading Snoodlebug's fantastic post on vintage manicures, I am renewing my commitment to improving the look and "health" of my hands and nails.  It is already darn cold here, which means I need scarves, coats, hats, and GLOVES.  The crochet trimmed white gloves I found at last weekend's vintage fair are lovely and ladylike, but I'm in need of fall and winter gloves.  As with all things, 30s gloves are the ones of greatest interest to me. So many interesting styles and patterns.  My favourite style is the gauntlet glove (like the last two pairs), especially after watching Robin Hood yesterday.  Some relevant visuals...(click on images for sources, where available)












11 comments:

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

Oooh the knitted ones are lovely. I do need wool gloves to stay toasty; my favourite pair were bought on a holiday years ago to Estonia, they have a similar 'Nordic' pattern and are made out of yarn rather than wool, so they are super sturdy. I also have a pair of long cream kid leathers from I think the 30s - but I wore them too often and they are now filthy :(

Stephanie Lynn said...

I love the knitted ones and the elephant ones. The knitted ones look especially warm! *sigh* just something else to make me wish I could knit, but one new hobby at a time for me! (I'm sewing.)

Irene Palfy said...

Awesome! I just can't wait for winter!

Nancy said...

I like the white gloves with the lacy sleeve or cuff or whatever. So cute!

Gemma said...

I love those knitted ones, that lady sure is stylish who's modelling them too!
G x

Lauren said...

Mmmm.... 30s gloves are so cool. Love the wild ones with fringe!

Celia Rose said...

Yes! I love gloves. The first picture is amazing. I have some red leather ones for this year!

Stefanie Valentine said...

The first ones are gorgeous, love the cuff. I adore gloves, they finish a vintage outfit perfectly!

Anonymous said...

Those are great, thanks for sharing. As a knitter, I especially like the knitted ones but I think the ones with elephants on are my second favorite. Vogue did a repro glove pattern- do you have a copy?

Andi B. Goode said...

I love the ones with elephants on them! Hehe. I always tell myself I shall wear more gloves/hats/whatnot and end up not doing it at all. Though, there are a LOVELY pair I want to knit (and they're not done with 4 needles either - hurrah!)
-Andi x

Lisa said...

Ooh, thank you for the link my dear! I picked up an original 40's glove pattern recently, uncut. Its beautiful! I suspect I'll never make any though as they are so easy to find and relatively inexpensive still, I have so many pairs of gloves that it is frankly obscene.