Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Big Reveal, Part One

Okay, I'm baaaaaaack from my super top secret day!  The details:  I got up EARLY this morning to rush to a movie industry vintage sale after being invited to it by an acquaintance who is a prominent costumer in the film biz....in fact, he provided costuming for the Oscar award winning movie, Chicago, which is why I posted that "Hot Honey Rag" clip as a clue.  'Twas a pretty exciting morning.  Some scenes from the excursion...

Headed to the big city (Toronto).  Slow traffic allowed me to take photos of some pretty amazing buildings out of the passenger window.


On the movie studio lot!

Bird's Eye View of the Jungle (thanks to le baron for taking photos while I foraged for vintage)

For the first time ever, someone recognized me from my Etsy shop photos! This gal (a fellow Etsy vintage seller, actually, though I forgot to get her card) was SO sweet...and adorable (love her mah jong bracelets and dress!)

Although I didn't see it, as I was knee deep in vintage goodies for sale, there was a neat exhibit of the work of Canadian costumers, provided for movies like Resident Evil, and musicals like Rocky Horror Picture Show (side note: is anyone else as excited as I am about the GLEE Rocky Horror episode?!?!)

Hallowe'en costume idea?

I swear that sign says the dress at right was from a production of My Fair Lady? Whoa, that's a whole new approach to costuming Eliza!?

The costumes were great, but I was there on a mission...and let's just say I did not go home empty handed.  What's in the bags?  Stay tuned. I'll post a little peek shortly...





















16 comments:

chelsea said...

Wow! What an incredible opportunity! I cannot wait to see what you picked up!

iLiveinmyLab said...

Oh my goodness, I cannot wait to see what is in those bags!!!!!

Debi said...

AWESOME! I can't wait to see what you got!

Unknown said...

AMAZING!! I cant' wait to see what you got. x

Celestial Charms said...

A great opportunity. Looking forward to seeing what your snagged, in "Hollywood North!" ;)
Maureen

Emily said...

How exciting!!! What a lucky gal you are -- I am slightly jealous!! ;) Can't wait to see what you bought!

A said...

Looks like a fabulous time!

Nancy said...

How exciting! Oooh, I can't wait to see!!!!

Kate said...

Wow, looks like a fun day! Looking forward to seeing what you got :)

Miss Matilda said...

woweeeeeeeeeeeee is envious xx

Andi B. Goode said...

Golly! That sounds absolutely marvellous!
-Andi x

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

All those clothes *swoon* It looks like the sort of thing I have dream about (the nice kind of dream you don't want to wake up from!)

Tilly said...

How exciting! Can't wait to see the goodies...

Lauren said...

WOW! How did I miss this post yesterday??
What an amazing day! Sounds like so much fun! Woohoo!

Sydney B. said...

AMAZING!!!Would have been so dangerous for the pocket-book.....

xoxo~Syd

BaronessVonVintage said...

It WAS an amazing day. All my money was gone by the second booth...even though they had an ATM kiosk, I wisely high-tailed it outta there before I did even more damage to my bank account hehe.