Friday, April 15, 2011

Flappers Amongst Flowers

Kudos to Sally Jane Vintage for discovering that the National Geographic photos I had previously reblogged were taken by Clifton R. Adams.  I always like to learn of "new" photogs from the 20s and 30s.  Double kudos to her for reblogging a few more, some of which I'm now reposting here (note to self: must try to recreate similar once apple and cherry blossoms burst forth on local trees in the next while).  Happy Friday, everyone, and don't forget: my blog giveaway closes on Sunday and winner will be drawn on Monday!









12 comments:

Kim said...

I wanted to say that I love your shop. I have yet to buy anything, but I always look because you have beautiful pieces and they are priced at the prices I think vintage should be priced at. Thank you!

Tickety Boo Tupney - A Dash OF Worcester Sauce. said...

Ooo, they are lovely photos- they remind me of photos that I have of my great grandmother- even though mine are in b&w, but the hats and stockings are the same!
Tups x

Katiuscia said...

lovely
paper parasol are the best thing in the world

Fiona Timantti said...

Wonderful photos!

milingmai said...

what fabulous photographs! they look like stills of a film i'd love to see!

Mrs. Exeter said...

What wonderful photos - I can't wait to see your re-creations! xxx

Miss Betty Doll said...

That second one is absolutely astounding. I love how it looks like you're floating through water instead of beautiful blue flowers :)

BaronessVonVintage said...

Kim Bombshell: THANK YOU ever so much for your kind words. This really means a lot!!

lovelypinup: oh, just to clarify: that's not me! These are 1920s photos taken by Clifton R. Adams. Hope to mimick them, though....if the flowers ever bloom like this around here!

LandGirl1980 said...

SO lovely!! Thanks for sharing!

A said...

love these! lots! a lake of flowers!

Anonymous said...

These photos are just amazing! I found lots of wedding photographs from the 50's in my mum's wardrobe, I'm hoping a hunt in my nana's house will produce earlier ones.

Sydney B. said...

Just breathtaking!

~Syd