Wednesday, October 20, 2010

When Love is Not Enough

Oh, I see the blogger image uploader is down for a few hours, so my other post plans must be postponed (to those of you who have given me blog awards recently, THANK YOU.  I am up to my ears in home renovations and vintage for my shop right now, but will try to honour these awards more fully in the near future if possible!!!).  In the mean-time, I'll post something I had saved as a draft a while ago.  Since it appears Downtown Abbey is not available in Canada until next year, I've been trying to find time to watch When Love in Not Enough, starring Winona Ryder.  It apparently started out as a made-for-tv movie, but I saw it as a rental dvd at the local video store.  Have you seen it?  It's apparently about the story of Lois Wilson, the woman who, together with her husband, went on to found Alcoholics Anonymous.  From what I've seen online, the costumes are a 20s and 30s fashion lover's dream.  Ms. Ryder wears a cloche very well, I think.






11 comments:

Anonymous said...

She does indeed wear a cloche well. I'm enjoying the pretty flashes of knitwear in those photos. There's something about deco knits that gets me!

Mary said...

Love the pics.

Eileen said...

Gorgeous photos.

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

Oh I hadn't heard of this before, she looks amazing in a cloche

*note to self: must buy even more hats*

Miss Rayne said...

Not only a cloche but bottle green as well, I can't wear that colour at all, makes me look very ill. Must look out for this film.

Katiuscia said...

love the hats!

Irene Palfy said...

Oooooh - her shoes!!!! :"o *wanna-have*

I like Winona Ryder - and now I am eager to see this film!!

The Dreamstress said...

Those are some CUTE costumes!

Emily said...

ooo!!! Thanks for the tip on this film! Can't wait to find a copy and watch it! :)

garofit said...

that hat in the last pic is fantastic! i want a hat like that, and that exact color! in fact there are lots of things that i want in that color!

winona wears vintage ok, i guess, she is so beautiful she could not look bad in anything, but i was not impressed with her, and in terms of performance her male counterpart definitely outshined her. i though he was brilliant and totally made the film.

Andi B. Goode said...

Looks interesting! I really love Wynona Ryder. I definitely have a thing for actresses with dark hair and big, dark eyes - Wynona, Christina Ricci, Audrey Hepburn, Audrey Tautou...