I will soon share with you some images of our new vintage showroom; however, even while I look to the present and the future, I feel like now is a good time to revisit the wonderful projects, experiences, and accomplishments which my vintage fashion blog has afforded me over the past FOUR years. So, forgive me if this comes across as bombastic, but I feel like it's so easy to get caught up in feeling like I am not doing enough that I need to sometimes stop and do an auto-pat on the back for the things that I *have* seen to fruition. Consider this my blogger's CV, if you will. Again, I want to thank those of you who have remained my loyal and patient followers and friends, as I've weathered the peaks and valleys of the past few years.
- I was asked by vintage-repro label Able Grable to design and then model an early 1930s style dress that went on to be dubbed the "Vintage Baroness."
- I was elated to be named Queen of Vintage #65!
- I really enjoyed doing a fashion history article for the SiW Costumers' Journal. Watch for more of my fashion history writings in the future!
- I got featured in a book called Wearable Vintage Fashion.
- I was honoured to be featured in a "Profiles in Style" piece for Lily Lemontree
- An image of me in 20s garb won the right to a feature at the front of a "Gatsby" photo album on the People Magazine website:
- I worked as a vintage music correspondent for The Glamourous Housewife
- I served as Artistic Director, Head Stylist, and Photographer for a shop photoshoot at Rutherford House. I've since done several other shoots, vintage stylings, and fashion history consultations. Looking forward to doing more of such things, including consult work for a film project slated to be filmed locally this fall!
Along my journey, I have been able to meet some really interesting people. Some meetings led to friendships that I know will flourish for years to come; sadly, I had to let a few others fizzle, but on the whole, what a marvellous set of experiences I've had. Looking forward to a new chapter in the book of my vintage-loving life!
- I was included in a list of 10 amazing vintage bloggers.
- One of my vintage dresses is going to be featured in the May 2014 issue of Flare magazine.
|Hanging on the Queen Mary in California with Beth of V is for Vintage and Lauren of Wearing History|