Friday, April 26, 2013

Vintage Tea with Miss Bee!

Yesterday evening, the beautiful Miss Bee and I attended Dr. Anne Bissonnette's lecture on the history of Tea Gowns hosted by Rutherford House.  What a treat!  Here's a little recap of the evening, in instagram photos (well, I took my outfit photo in advance, but the rest were instagrammed). Attendees were encouraged to dress up...there was a wee contest for best dressed and my 1930s ensemble won (I thought B. should have at least shared in that title, but what an honour, as the other guests looked great!!!).

1930s hat (in my shop)
1930s dress: Wildfell Hall
1930s and carved bangles: my own collection








5 comments:

Brittany_Va-VoomVintage said...

you all look fabulous, what fun! Her yellow outfit is divine! This nice spring weather has me wanting to go back to the local tea house in my neighborhood

Witchcrafted Life said...

Your outfit is smashingly lovely - so very sophisticated and beautiful. Congrats on winning!

♥ Jessica

Dakota said...

You look perfect!! I love the cream-and-brown color palette!

And this lead me to look up tea gowns (on Wikipedia)... fascinating! I never really knew what they were, just that they sounded lovely ;) Now I'm going to be looking at my gowns in a new light! Amazing how such gorgeous dresses were only worn in the home!

BaronessVonVintage said...

It really was a great lecture. Thanks for the compliments, gals! I think Professor Bissonnette's new book is coming out, too, so you can read more about tea gowns in detail :D

Helen Le Caplain said...

Gorgeous outfits - so much vintage in one space! *swoon*

Found your blog via Diary of a Vintage Girl - can't wait to see what else you share :)

www.mancunianvintage.com