Friday, October 5, 2012

Dapper Chap #1: Florian Kremers

Dapper Chap #1 is Florian Kremers, a graphic designer and illustrator, who is originally from the Ruhr-Area in Germany, but who now lives in Wiesbaden.  I think Florian's vintage style conveys an eye for detail, but also a playful dash of sartorial irreverence--an irreverence that, according to him, relates to the fact that his "roots are in the punk rock scene, which makes me keep a healthy distance from rose-tinted nostalgia."  At the same time, his vintage aesthetic, which he tells me he has been honing since 2007, when he first started really getting into vintage clothing, reflects an appreciation for various styles of dress from the past, particularly the 1930s. Taking cues from both "golden age" illustrations and photos of 'real' men, he artfully mixes and matches vintage with repros., and he carries off both formal suits and more casual 'workwear' looks with particular penache! I like his "quality over quantity' approach. Notice how he worked the same shirt, tie, and polka dotted pocket square into two completely different outfits for two different seasons and occasions! Bello recessionisto, this is just what many men in the 30s would do!  All in all, Florian is one dapper vintage-loving chap, indeed.  To view Florian's design and illustration work, some of which is vintage-themed, check out his blog. Oh, and yes, you are right, that IS him modelling some of Vecona Vintage's clothes!   

*Photo by Dirk Heinrich






15 comments:

Lindsay Cillessen said...

I'm a fan of this chap ;-). I really like the way he dresses himself. Always a pleasure to look at.

Unknown said...

He is one handsome young man!!!! Thank you for showing us the way to his blog. I just love his style!

Susan said...

Not only a familiar face to me, fedora lounge members might remember him, too :-)

Witchcrafted Life said...

Oh how I adore a man in vintage attire and wish a great many more chaps these days would take Florian's lead and channel elegant, dapper style when getting dressed.

Wonderful idea for a series of posts, dear gal, I'm thoroughly excited to see which other well dressed men you'll highlight.

♥ Jessica

art deco dame said...

Very handsome!

garofit said...

Very stylish indeed, his entries are always a delight over at the fedora lounge.

Kathleen said...

Quite the dashing fellow.

JGO said...

He knows how to dress very well, and how to combine repro clothes with vintage all around, something that is not easy to do, but he certainly does it very well. I specially LOVE that last photo of him. I could watch that photo all day. ^_^

thanks for sharing,
Jacqueline

Wildfell Hall Vintage said...

he's wonderful! I also give him the award for "best lips".

Brittany_Va-VoomVintage said...

He's such a cutie and I love that you're covering vintage fashions for gentlemen! x

Tickety Boo Tupney - A Dash OF Worcester Sauce. said...

Yes very dapper indeed. I always enjoy seeing his outfits on the FL- so well dressed and 30’s perfect.
Oh and what great illustrations too! : )

Tupps x

Melissa said...

I love his style! ...especially the coat in the second to last photo.

<3 Melissa
wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

Kate said...

I had to do a double take, as he looks like Gareth Malone, choirmaster supreme! I wish my young man dressed like Florian... Le sigh. x

Florian Kremers said...

Thank you Jill and all who commented. I feel flattered. My wardobe is still changing and growing. I don't have any rare "holy grail" pieces. Most of it is mix and match. But I buy to wear and not to put things into my "museum".

With Lassi and Jonathan Hagey I feel in good company. They are a true inspiration to me. Hats of to them.

Cheers,

Florian

Anonymous said...

You chose nice pictures of Florian. I also think his style is amazing. And he is such a friendly man!