Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Colenimo Spring/Summer 2013 / Helen Wills Moody

I'll return to my Fall "Lusts & Musts" list shortly. For now, I thought I'd share that I was just catching up on my blog reading and noticed my favourite style bloggers Honey Kennedy and A Thought Is the Blossom have shown peeks of the Colenimo Spring/Summer 2013 collection, which caught my eye, in part because the pieces are said to have been inspired by 1920s tennis star Helen Wills Moody.  I LOVE the outfits depicted below, but after perusing some real-life photos of Wills Moody, it is probably no surprise that this vintage fashion fuddy duddy loved the original muse's style--both on and off court--even more!! In the end, I like the tailored pieces of this vintage-inspired collection (though for some reason I found myself thinking more that these were looks Amelia Earhart would have loved for her fashion line).












5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh thanks for sharing! Beautiful designs, and I hadn't heard of Helen before- ill be sure to do a little research as these photographs are stunning!
P.s Love your shop!

X

Sara Kristiina said...

Inspiring ! Thanks for introducing Helen!

Witchcrafted Life said...

Gorgeous fashions one and all. I often think about one of my maternal great-grandmas when you feature 20s and 30s outfits like these (and modern day pieces that channel their spirit), because she was a busy young mom during those decades and I like to image her sporting similar styles while in the midst of raising nine kids!

♥ Jessica

Starr Crow said...

love that you did a little research! this collection is just ridiculously good. what a perfect muse, that Helen.

BaronessVonVintage said...

I hadn't heard of her either, so I was elated to see some of these photos!!! Starr Crow, thanks again for posting about this collection! x

I should have linked to a bio page for her. Let me see if I can find one....