Saturday, March 5, 2011

Sweet Trash

Today was quite an action packed day. In the morning, we walked around the local Home & Garden show (didn't take any pics, as really didn't see much that caught my eye). Later in the day, we headed to a vintage shop called Sweet Trash that I had heard about and had been wanting to check out for over a year.  The owner, Terri, was the sweetest, most accommodating seller ever and the shop is pretty much the embodiment of the kind of establishment I would love to own if it made financial sense for me to have a brick & mortar shop! Although I didn't end up buying anything for self or shop, Terri let me play dress up with her 30s gowns and was so cool about letting us take pics!  After scouring every inch of this place, which is located inside an old brick house and consists of two floors and five rooms, including a wedding room, we checked out some of the historical buildings, which are in the process of being reappointed from mills to restaurants and such.  FUN day!

The cutest little vintage house with the most delicious pink door!



A wall of shoes...I reallllllly wanted those burgundy ones but they were too narrow (and $$$).

For some reason, I thought of Myrna Loy when I tried this dress on.  Nothing lifts the spirits like trying on vintage on a rainy dreary day!!

Another heartbreaker.  This gown actually comes with a matching capelet.  If I were a real Baroness, it would have been mine.


Interesting to ponder what this structure will be transformed into.