Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Harlow's Sporting Fashions

Thanks to Harlean's Heyday for mentioning that Jean Harlow's 100th birthday would have been on March 3rd.  As my own little tribute, I thought I would do this post:  When one thinks of Jean Harlow's style one usually thinks of slinky bias cut satin evening gowns; however, I am a huge fan of the more casual sportswear ensembles she wore off-screen.  In fact, virtually all the casual 30s outfits I wore last summer were inspired by her (retrospective post to come?)  Jean Harlow: A woman who was glamourous, smart, sassy, and sporty=LOVE 











13 comments:

Riikka said...

I personally prefer her off-screen, sporty fashions too. My take on Jean's casual looks coming up tomorrow! :)

Lauren said...

AAH! I want them all! Especially the sailor dress. Too cute!

Tasha said...

By far and away my favorites, too. I love that extra casual golf outfit!

Charlotte said...

All divine, especially the stripy number and the sailor outfits!

xx Charlotte
Tuppence Ha'penny Vintage

Jitterbugdoll said...

I love all of these!

iLiveinmyLab said...

I ***WANT***, waist ***NEED*** those pants!!! So fabulous!

honey hi said...

really really awesome!

garofit said...

OOOh that tennis outfit and image...!

BaronessVonVintage said...

seriously, all these ensembles are beyond cute and perfect, non? Riikka, I can't wait!!!!

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

i absolutely adore those golf pants!!

http://inthehammockvintage.blogspot.com

Desiree said...

The sailor dress is just darling. I love those! And I like the shorts, but I always hesitate to buy those shorts because there isn't much of an inseam and I would hate for my bottom to escape!

-Desiree

*Katia* said...

i love the last one

Lauren Hairston said...

She really was too cute. I played varsity golf in high school and attempted to wear vintage-y outfits, but it gets HOT in Oklahoma by May (not to mention how hot it was in August) . I haven't played a round of golf since! That doesn't keep me from wanting those great outfits, though.