Monday, July 12, 2010

Modes & Travaux

Mmm, nothing breaks these Monday blues like perusing my July 1932 Modes & Travaux magazine.  Since I've got vacation-appropriate fashion on the brain, I'm hoping these fashion illustrations will help me be a bit more organized and strategic in relation to filling my suitcase for my upcoming cottage vacation. I'm also dying to make that scarf beach bag shown at bottom.  If only I had more TIME!  What's in your summer vacation suitcase?





















Since some housecleaning led me to rediscover my old 80s music collections, here's a little "vintage" Depeche Mode to go with the "modes" above. Boy, how I loved this band as an angst ridden teen. 



8 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy cow! That first outfit is killing me. You got me obsessing on doing a backless 30s summer dress from the madras post.. and after this post, now I've gotta do a pantsuit halter piece! Delightful. Love the crop jacket.

Emily said...

ooo... love these images!! Thanks for sharing! Since I don't have a summer vacation planned, I will just dream about being on a tropical resort in the late 30s, wearing things similar to what is pictured here. :)

Celestial Charms said...

Oh dear, now I'm absolutely drooling all over my keyboard :)
Such lovely images, all.
Maureen

Francy said...

I covet all your vintage magazines. You always post the most inspiring images!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
BaronessVonVintage said...

Eeks! Kim! YES!

Emily, virtual vacations are great, too! Truthfully, I usually end up needing vacations from my vacations. Sometimes, I wish I could just spend two weeks in my pjs, watching old movies ;)

Celestial: glad you enjoyed these delish images!

Pixie: aw, thanks! I really only have a small set, but I do pore over them ceaselessly!

garofit said...

i guess my problem is that i can't and don't want to do the dreaming anymore, the palpable truth of some real pieces like the ones pictured would do me a lot better :)!

BaronessVonVintage said...

garofit, I'm sending all the vintage-finding karma I can! I FEEL your pain, doll. It can take AGES to find the real mccoy...and even longer to find THE item in THE perfect size, condition, and price range. Like trekking for unicorns!