Friday, April 2, 2010

Thank God I'm a Country Girl

I'm so happy to have my parents here for a little Easter weekend visit.  In our family, the months of March and April are filled with festivities, starting with my birthday, followed by my parents' anniversary, then my anniversary, then my dad's birthday, my father in law's birthday.....you get the picture: spring is action packed.  Today, we headed to Niagara Falls, but I forgot the darn battery for the camera in the charger, so didn't take any pics of the day.  To be honest, we didn't stay long.  This afternoon was more enjoyable as hubby and I went for a little walk in the country.  The weather right now is UNBELIEVEABLE!  It's gone from winter to summer around here in the blink of an eye.  Today temperatures got up to + 25 C!!  Better try to get out and wear my spring gear before I have to pack it away to make room for shorts and play suits!  Anyway, I should get back to playing hostess, but here are snaps of me in an outfit inspired by my last posts about "going country."  Dress is 1940s from Dear Golden Vintage; purse is 1950s; bangle is 1930s; shoes 1950s.  I really do love being able to take leisurely walks near old barns down old country roads.  More soon!











19 comments:

reilly said...

The weather is crazy here too! A week ago I was wearing long sleeves, now I want to sit in front of a fan all day. Have fun with your parents!

Q's Daydream said...

I remember when that dress was in Laurens shop! I have one that is very similar, color, print and 1940s. It looks stunning on you!
Happy Easter!

Emily said...

I love that dress!! Green is such a good color on you.

Marie said...

What a gorgeous gorgeous dress! Love the color on you and what a sweet ensemble all together with the shoes and purse.
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

Yesterday Girl said...

You look beautiful. Lucky you with the weather. Last week here here spring visited us with +16, today winter's back with a measly +6. I was so looking forward to wearing no coat and sandals. Boo hoo.Enjoy the sunshine.xxx

Eileen said...

Beautiful photos! You look fabulous. Such a pretty dress. And perfect surroundings.

Andi B. Goode said...

You look stunning, as usual. Lovely photos. It's still getting to at least 25C here. I want Autumn!
-Andi x

Debi said...

LOVE the photos!! You look great! I especially like the last one with you sitting on the fence!

BaronessVonVintage said...

Thanks!! I don't wear green very often and was happy to discover this particular dress doesn't make me look as sickly as some other colors of green do!

I'm trying to enjoy every moment of this weather, as I just have a feeling it's too good to be true!

xoxo

Em said...

I love the first picture. You always seem out of another era yet perfectly modern, fresh and very thoughtfully well put-together. Love your style!

Riikka said...

You look FLAWLESS! I adore everything about the look, from the hair to the shoes! Simply gorgeous.

Francy said...

The dress looks so sweet on you! Happy spring!

Miss Matilda said...

:-)

Haleigh said...

your easter outfit is just perfect!!! I love it and that white purse is my favorite of all...I am not sure from the picture but it looks like it is like a basket weave..SO CUTE

xoxo Bardot in Blue
http://bardotinblue.com

PS you have great hair :-D

Anonymous said...

Gosh, that's cute! The roads/barn look very "Anne."

Diva said...

You look truly lovely !

BaronessVonVintage said...

Again, many thanks. We've been having lots of fun exploring and snapping pics, so am glad I'm not completely boring everyone with the results!!

lauren said...

oh. mygosh! you look so great in that dress! i love that i get to see it on. so fun!

Witchcrafted Life said...

You look marvelous, honey! I think this is one of my favourite frocks of yours to date (green suits you fantastically, it really brings out the beautiful hues in your skin and hair).


Thank you dearly for all of your wonderful recent comments on Chronically Vintage. I treasure your visits and appreciate your comments very much!

♥ Jessica