Thursday, April 8, 2010

Pickwickian Pick Me Up and Pub Plans

Nothing helps me stave off the drizzle like time spent in my local bookshop, Pickwick's Books, followed by hours spent devouring my finds, as well as some 30s ephemera I had bought last month at the Vintage Fair.  Perfect capper to the grey Dickensian day: plans to have dinner at the local pub, the Royal Coachman (photo of which was taken on a sunnier day than today). I can't believe I need to dig my sweater and tights back out as the weather now hovers around freezing!! A dram at the Coachman should hopefully warm me up!








Outfit Details:  Dress, 1930s from Fab Gabs Vintage; sweater, 1960s (was from my grandmother); shoes 1980s does 30s, thrifted.

3 comments:

Carys said...

Cool photos, and lovely outfit!!! Thanks so much for your following our blog and commenting!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Francy said...

Oo, I love local little bookstores too. I always manage to find a lot of treasures. Love the red on you!!

BaronessVonVintage said...

Carys: I'm so glad you found me and visa versa!!!

Francy: not to sound like a character out of "You've Got Mail" or something, but there's nothing more charming than a little privately owned used bookstore in a quaint historical building. The antithesis of the big box stores (in a good way)!