Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Notes on a Gardening Party

Hello!!  Sorry for being so scarce of late, but I've been trying to savour every last moment with my parents, who have finally flown back home today.  It was a lovely visit.  What's more, I can't thank them enough for all the work they did on our backyard on Sunday.  Essentially, we had a gardening party that lasted several hours and resulted in our trees and flower beds being clipped and groomed and cleared--just in time for a series of spring showers.  I cannot WAIT for the yard to be in full bloom. Every time I sit in my soon-to-be garden oasis, I will think of you, Mom and Dad, and our fun day of digging!  I'm afraid my blogging creative juices are just not flowing fully yet, so I'll keep this post short.  However, I do want to say thanks to everyone for their lovely comments on my last post.  My mom was sort of shy about being seen on the blog, but I know we both really appreciated your wonderful notes! More soon!

3 comments:

Marie said...

I have about the same skill as Mary there when making a garden!~


Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
Spring Shabby Apple Dress giveaway

Kir said...

Ah, I get so much inspiration from everything you post. Even this little picture. Haha. I'm starting to like the 30's more and more. Methinks you're brainwashing me. :O
Thanks for the reminder though, I should get my mom so we can start planting stuff. :)

BaronessVonVintage said...

Compared to my mother, I'm very "Mary" as well, Lemondrop :)

Kir: Oh, thank you so much! I'm glad my masterplan is working ;). Glad I found your lovely blog, too, now!