Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Renee Perle: Boudoir Doll and Vintage Beauty

The Retro Modern Housewife's post today about The Boudoir Queen Boutique has reminded me that I have not yet introduced you to the newest addition to our little family: meet Renee Perle, my late 20s/early 30s Boudoir Doll (actually she's a half doll. Naughty, saucy flapper, she doesn't like wearing clothes).


The real Renee Perle is another of my vintage fashion icons. I covet her perfectly waved and spit curled hair. As well, returning to the earlier subject of trousers, Perle's palazzo pants (or beach pajamas) are so impressively wide (note to self: must adopt a similar Riviera look next summer)! She just embodies everything I love about late 20s/early 30s fashion!












16 comments:

reilly said...

She's absolutely beautiful! And those pants really are wide!

Kelley Anne said...

Wow, she's stunning. I love her wide leg pants and exaggerated collars, as well as her hair! So glamorous...I see stars in my eyes:)

Ms. B @ Millie Deel said...

I need more wide pants in my life. Too bad I'd probably have to find someone to make them for me :/

Andi B. Goode said...

Gosh. She was so beautiful (and stylish!)
-Andi x

Kori said...

My mom collects these and they are absolutely amazing. You should check out her collection at the-queens-jewels.blogspot.com. Happy Tuesday! Kori xoxo

the real mia said...

Oooh, I just love these photos. Wide leg pants and giant hats are just my cup of tea.

Eileen said...

I just love these photos, especially that last one. I love the way she is looking at the camera.

debra@dustjacket said...

Oh I can see why you like her style, wow, she has it in spades.

Great pictures.
xxx

Doreen said...

Lovely Pics, I wish I could style my hair like that!

Rachael said...

Great pictures - she really was stunning!

esme and the laneway said...

Gorgeous! Such perfect hair...

Visual Vamp said...

This is good stuff!

If you're still up tonight would you do me a favor and vote for me - I'm in this little contest, and I'm losing by about 40 votes. You have a couple of hours left - the vote is for today Wednesday. Thanks xo xo
Here's the link:

http://contests.apartmenttherapy.com/2009/color/main/faceoff/60

Miss Go Lightly said...

Oooh, I love the pics! Love those wide legged pants! Have you done your hair in finger waves yet? I'm sure you'd look absolutely adorable! ;)

BaronessVonVintage said...

Working on the finger waves. Gotta keep practising though...not quite right yet.

Unknown said...

Nothing like vintage beauty, especially flappers btw thanx 4 ur visit & comment on my blog ;-)

Anonymous said...

Ohhh.... I love Flapper!!!