Monday, March 9, 2015

Dressed for Adventure

A recent trip to Banff National Park, a mountain mecca in my home province, reinvigorated my long-standing obsession with vintage lady travellers, explorers, and adventurers (my doctoral dissertation focused on early women mountaineers, so returning to the Rockies for this visit was like reconnecting with a part of myself I had almost forgotten).  I may post some pics from this alpine sojourn shortly.  For now, however, here are a few insta-snaps from my day of urban exploration involving a stop at the Muttart Conservatory, interspersed with a couple of pics of lady travellers whose spirits and sartorial choices inspired me.  





4 comments:

Unknown said...

Darling,
The images are absolutely amazing. You truly look like an "explorer lady" from the days gone by.

Marija

BaronessVonVintage said...

Thank you, Maja! My spring uniform is a pea coat, those boots, and my favourite vintage hat. Comfortable vintage inspired adventuring gear!

Witchcrafted Life said...

Seriously wonderful!!! This is a look (that of the lady explorer/mountaineer/archaeologist even) that has called to me for some time, but especially in recent months. I really haven't dabbled in it yet, but think that if I can find a few of the requisite pieces, I certainly will asap.

♥ Jessica

BaronessVonVintage said...

Thanks, Jessica! :D. It really is a fun yet functional vintage style!