Thursday, October 18, 2012

1920s Prohibition Whiskey Tasting Party: Edmonton Litfest

Last night I attended the first sort of vintage-y themed event I'd heard about since moving back to Edmonton.  It was the Edmonton Litfest Roaring Twenties Prohibition Whiskey Tasting Party. I really enjoyed learning more about the link between whiskey and Canadian history (the tasting bit was interesting too and there were a few playful burlesque interludes featuring fishnets and feathers).  As well, it was nice to see a few folks accessorizing their looks with vintage pieces!  All in all, it was a fun night! Since I only brought my iPhone, I didn't take many high quality pics and I completely forgot to snap a photo of my own outfit, so I have added an older image of me in the dress I actually wore to the event. 


















5 comments:

Technicolor Cutie said...

Great dress!

Witchcrafted Life said...

What a thoroughly splendid sounding evening (matched with a tremendously pretty dress). It's so cool that you're just a province over now! If you're ever out this way (aka, in the Okanagan) we really must try to meet up (and likewise if I've ever in Edmonton, I'll let you know right away).

♥ Jessica

Charmaine said...

Wow, I had no idea you were from Edmonton! Small world. I am too! I hope the city treats you well, it's a lot better than it used to be.

garofit said...

One of my fave dress of yours, and how beautiful you wear it, with such elegance! I love it. You'll be an inspiration to Edmonton.

BaronessVonVintage said...

Thank you, gals!! I'm looking forward to joining and fostering a sense of community here in Alberta, but would love to come visit you some time, Jessica (and please do look me up when you're here next. Likewise, Charmaine)>

Thanks, garofit and Technicolour xo