Thursday, June 28, 2012

30s Velvet Shorts: Chorus Girl Cuteness!

Just found these ADORABLE 1930s cotton velvet shorts with contrasting liner (coming to my etsy shop shortly). How do I know they're from the 1930s? A National Recovery Act (NRA) label. This is one of those labels that can help a person pinpoint the era of a garment quite precisely (this tells us these shorts are from 1933-1935).  Aren't they *so* much like something worn by a chorus girl in a Busby Berkeley production? I think so!









11 comments:

Vintage Hippo said...

These are GREAT! Oh gosh what a great find :)

Stephanie Lynn said...

I have zero hope that these will be anywhere near big enough to fit me. :( I've been wanting some chorus girl type bottoms.

Witchcrafted Life said...

They absolutely are! I wish I had legs that were half as good as the need to be to successfully pull off short tap pants like that! :)

♥ Jessica

Amelia said...

Oh my god I hope they're my size. I'm obsessed with 42nd street. Like no other. Ruby Keeler... the costumes... especially the romper that she wears with the puffy sleeved blouse underneath. OBSESSED I TELL YOU.
squeal <3

Fifties Darling said...

What an amazing find, very lovely!

Roobeedoo said...

OMG! Just WOW! And that picture! :D
Oh Busby Busby Busby we love you so!

Rachael said...

I totally want! Shame I probably don't have the legs to pull them off haha!

Nadia said...

What is/are the size/measurements on those? Because they are cuuuute!

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

I think my heart just stopped xo

BaronessVonVintage said...

These beauties are currently on reserve for a customer, Nadia, but if they end up becoming available due to an incomplete transaction, they are a 25" waist, and up to 38" hips.

I thought they were dreamy, too, and was so glad to be able to share them!

Nadia said...

Well then, maybe it's time to get over my fear of velvet/velveteen and make my own!